Tuesday, March 1, 2016

TBR of March

Again, I'm sorry that I haven't posted a lot lately but there's so much work for school! And I'm studying to get through my theoretical exam for the car. So I haven't read all too much lately, and I haven't really finished a book. I am busy in books though but my TBR of February isn't totally complete.

Also this month is when my birthday takes place! Yep, the 5th of March and that means more books are probably on the way. Which also means that I probably won't be able to keep myself at the TBR of this month but I can always try. Last month I didn't finish Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, it's taking me a while to get into the story too. So I'm going to finished that one hopefully this month.


I'll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson

A book that I also got for Christmas was this guy together with The Sky is Everywhere by the same author. I'll give you the sun was actually the first book I ever had in my hands by Jandy Nelson and I was really curious to where the plot was going to go. 


The book is about a pair of twins: Jude and Noah. Noah is the one that isolates himself from a very early age while his twin Jude is the one who talks for the both of them and who does things that are very adventurous. They have a very close bonding until that stops at a sudden point. Both, brother and sister, don't know what has happened but also don't know that they both have half the story.

When I read that I was very curious to what the author meant and suddenly it became clearer! The first few years are told in the point of view by Noah and the other half of the story is told by Jude. So the author really plays with this through the book. 

I'm just very curious to how this will change their bonding and if they'll ever find each other again. Especially because it seems that both are very different from each other. 

The Sky is Everywhere didn't disappoint me at all, on the contrary it really made me want more by this author. Therefore my expectations are a little higher with this book, also because it has so many great reviews. 

"Maybe some people are just meant to be in the same story."



La fille de papier by Guillaume Musso

It's that time of the year again where we get books for our French class. I'll be reading La fille de papier. I also already started in it because you know, deadlines and all! And I have to be honest... I'm really enjoying this book! 

I actually hated every book I had read for my French class. I either just didn't understand the plot or it was boring and very dreadful. But this book... man, it could make me read more books in French! Just kidding! But I am going to write a review of this book which might be later this week? Beginning next week? I'm almost through it! 

It's about an author who falls in love with for what looks to him "the one" but Aurore decides she doesn't want to stay around. Devastated the author decides to stop writing and the last book of the trilogy will never be a thing. However, the last sentence he wrote in this book will change his decisions. Especially when a girl emerges who looks exactly alike his main character.

I don't want to spill to many beans but I do recommend this book already, even though I'm not through it yet. I'd even recommend it in French! The author uses quotes at the beginning of every chapter which is an asset in my opinion but the characters are also very lovely and nice to read about. It's also not very difficult to understand which I'm really happy about because that means I finally understand a French book! For once. And the plot is... WAUW! You just keep turning those pages. But more will come in a review, stay tuned! 


"Les liens se font et se défont, c'est la vie."


Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia 

A book that's been adapted to a movie. I saw the movie and I wasn't all to excited about it really, there are better fantasy movies in my opinion. BUT I've heard a lot of good things about the books! And I got the book as a present which is very nice because now I'll actually read the book instead of waiting around to buy it. And the cover! So, so beautiful! And I really can't wait to get into this story. I also thought it was a standalone but it seems like it's a series: Caster Chronicles. Which means more fun to read! 

The book has a female main character who's struggling with her powers. Keeping it for herself and concealing it is becoming very hard for her. But there's more: a curse, one that's been haunting the family for many, many generations. 
The male main character on the other hand can't wait to get out of this town that he hates. And then he also gets those weird dreams with a girl in. He thinks he's crazy until he sees the girl and immediately is drawn to her. But what secrets is she hiding?

It does sound a little predictable but that doesn't mean the plot will be dreadful and boring. I think most synopsis make you think that it's a predictable story but then it turns out to be this major book with so many feels. So yeah, I'm really excited to start reading this book too! 

"Sixteen Moons, Sixteen Years. Sixteen of your deepest fears. Sixteen times you dreamed my tears. Falling, Falling through the years."




Yet those are the only books I'll be reading for my TBR. Only because of what I said earlier: it's my birthday this month! Many books will come, I have ordered some books myself and then I often get sidetracked on my real TBR. But we'll see at the end of this month! What is your TBR for March?

Also if you'd like to participate in a photo book challenge! Make sure to go check my page "Challenges I'm participating in" because there's a new challenge up there for March!   

No comments:

Post a Comment