Friday, April 1, 2016

TBR of April

New month, new books in my TBR! Last month was my birthday and that means that I've more books to get through. In my last TBR, I said I was only going to 'force' myself to read 3 books, unfortunately I only read 2 books of them. But I will try to read that one this month too! 

The Great Hunt by Wendy Higgins
At the beginning of March Wendy Higgins has published a new book: The Great Hunt! Ever since I had found out she was writing this book, I was looking forward to having it myself. The cover release only made you want it a lot more and the plot seems really, really good! 

The lands of Lochlanach is being terrorized by a beast. The king asks for all hunters to come aboard and rescue the lands. The one who kills the beast gets the prize: his daughter. She is not really happy that she'll have to mary a stranger but she knows her duty. Yet her happiness and hope returns with a young good looking hunter, who has mystery around himself. He, on the other hand, is not the type to mary anyone at all. The two start getting more and more along, but that also means that secrets are being revealed... 

This sounds like such a great story. I'm not a fan of stories with "princesses and princes" but this absolutely seems like something with royals but also not with royals. I think the main focus will be on the beast and the story between the girl and the huntsman rather than on the princess' roots. So I'm really looking forward to this book! 

“I must ask you to sacrifice the promise of love for the sake of our kingdom.”

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare 
And yes, ladies and gentlemen, also for me it's time to move myself over to a read by Cassandra Clare. My friends just keep telling me how good this story is and how badly I should read it, etc. I guess most of the people know what this story is about since it's a really known series. But for the ones who don't here the synopsis of the book:

When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder― much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing―not even a smear of blood―to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know...  

To be very honest, I have no idea if I'll like this book as much as my friends do. I might not like it at all, I might have difficulties to get through it OR I might totally love it and get obsessed about it. For me it's still a mystery but I'm looking forward to checking the book out! 


“The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.” 

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
For my birthday I received my first ever CoHo read! To be all fair and honest, I'm already reading in it since last week, so March, but I had to put it to a stop. It's not that I don't like it, in fact I'm liking it! But it's the Easter holidays and I promised myself I'd read Did I Mention I Need You? in this holiday so I didn't need to rush through it. But there's also homework etc so I decided to stop Maybe Someday and concentrate on homework and the book by Estelle Maskame for a while. But I'll be sure to finish the CoHo read this month!


Sydney has it all: a beautiful boyfriend, a great best friend, she goes to college, she has a roof above her head and to be fair: she's really happy. That all changes when she find out that her boyfriend is cheating on her and soon she's also left with nothing else but despair. 
Yet some other day she sees her neighbor again, one that's also very attractive. And he does see things in Sydney too. When everything collided together for Sydney, she now has one light in her dark tunnel: the neighbor. And their friendship is only growing...

“Sometimes in life, we need a few bad days in order to keep the good ones in perspective.” 


My Italian book?

Other than that I had another book in mind for this TBR! April is the month where I'm going on a school trip to Italy. I had found a debut book that was totally located in Italy: Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch. When I pre-ordered the book it should've been here on the 12th of April... unfortunately it's postponed to the 3th of May. So that's a sad thing because I really wanted to read the book in Italy! Now I have to find another book for my trip and this TBR. Other than that I don't know if I'll have time to read more books since the exams are also coming closer. So these are the books I really would like to read in this month. We'll see how far we get! 



No comments:

Post a Comment